Holy Week Resources
Holy Week is what Christians call the final days of Jesus’ pre-resurrection ministry on earth, starting with Palm Sunday and culminating in His Resurrection Sunday. This is sometimes referred to as Passion Week. Today people observe these 8 days (for 2017 it is April 9th – 16th) as part of the Lenten season.
In order to help you focus in on Jesus and His suffering, serving, and sacrifice during this final week of Lent, here are some helpful ideas for you:
- Walk through the Scriptures that take us through Jesus’ final week.
- Watch these videos during Holy Week for a deeper, fuller understanding.
- Use the book, “Why Easter?”, by Barbara Reaoch, or Mission Accomplished: A Two-Week Family Easter Devotional, by Scott James, in your family worship times during Holy Week.
Read one of the following resources:
- Your Sorrow Will Turn To Joy: Morning and Evening Meditations for Holy Week, by Desiring God (various authors).
- A Visualized Timeline Infographic of Holy Week
- Love to the Uttermost: Devotional Readings for Holy Week, by John Piper